Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!...  
  
...to me! Yes, this month is my birthday. And while many women do not wish to share their age, I will happily tell you that I am going to be 43 and feel better than I did even in my 20's - and it's all because of my yoga practice and my students, who constantly remind me why I am teaching this healing practice.
  
I find this time of year an interesting educational time for myself. As May flowers bloom and temperatures soar, I know that my birthday is arriving soon - and anticipation swells inside me. As a child, my parents always made big deals out of birthdays and as a young adult, so did my friends. As an adult (whatever that means), I find myself gearing up for a big event, only to realize that it is just another day, really. Of course there are flowers from my husband and usually a nice gift from my mother (when I should be the one giving her a gift on this day!), but the pomp and circumstance has long fizzled out.
  
As my birthday wanes, I find myself asking why I "go there" every year? Is it my ego needing validation? My heart chakra looking longing to be loved? But as the questions build and my mind goes a flurry, I suddenly remember to BREATHE. I take that long, deep breath out and smile because life is good. In fact, ALL is good. After I breathe, I feel the gratitude again and reconnect with my spirit.
  
With all of our amazing students at One Yoga Centers, I have actually reached a point where there are some students that I have never met. None-the-less, you are all family to me, and in honor of my own Birthday, I would like to extend an offer to put your birthday on our website calendar! So, if you would like to have your birthday listed on the calendar, please email me with your name, month and day of your big day, and we can all celebrate together every year, knowing that the One Yoga community is sending you good vibrations in commemoration of your birth. So if I haven't mentioned it before, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Comments