Knowing When It is Time to Make a Change


Tracey Smiling Dear (Contact First Name),   

"Ch-ch-ch-Changes...(turn to face the strain)" - David Bowie
 
You Can't Stop Change
You know, I am not one who goes easily with change. I like to think that I am, but like most people, change is difficult and brings up a lot of fear. Change speaks directly to our first chakra because often it rocks our foundation in some way and sets us off balance. And yet change is most certainly always afoot. Seasons change, the moon changes, people can change and thus will relationships - everywhere we are surrounded by constant change. And yet, it remains a challenge for most people.
 
With energy constantly changing you really have two choices: fight it or go with it. I think we can all understand what problems fighting change can bring. So really the only option left is to go with it. Ah, but in that lies the rub.  

When is it time to make a change?
I remember stressing out about a decision that I had to make once. I knew that the decision to end a relationship would be the best one everyone involved - especially myself, yet I struggled with making it. I found just about every excuse not to do it. Then a wise person (my yoga teacher) told me to take a deep breath. Now when I have similar situations I do the same thing, I take a deep breath, get still and grounded, and do nothing. Instead of obsessing about it, I let it go. I breathe into my body and create a meditative space where my mind can relax. As I become more centered and in tune, I am now in the place to ask myself the question, and see how it "feels" in my body. Some days I am not ready to let go entirely and it may take several attempts - weeks, months, forgive me but also years, to get to the truth of what resonates with me. But once I know for sure, I can then set about making the changes that I need.

So, Spring has finally sprung - another change. June 8th is the next New Moon, a perfect time for inner reflection. Use that night to be still and tune in to yourself. In the following two weeks as the moon grows to full, continue to meditate on the question. If it comes to you, use the night of the Full Moon on June 23rd to make it happen! We also have the energy of the Summer Solstice behind us a this time, so let go of your fears and do what resonates with you. The earth, your yoga practice, and good friends will always support you.
Namaste. 
Tracey L. Ulshafer, Director/Owner

Comments