Vibrational Healing at Medford Yoga

I don't know if it was the new memory foam mattress on my bed or knowing I was going to take a yoga class with Crystal Bowls this morning, but I woke up happy and feeling good! I quickly ran through my morning routine and headed out to the Medford Yoga studio, a studio I've long wanted to check out. I am so glad that I did. First of all, it is a beautiful studio. From the hand-paintings to the decorations and the fabulous open window ceiling, it was just a stunning place to visit.

The woman at the counter was very nice and gave me a personal tour of the studio, which includes several treatment rooms in the back for Pilates reformer classes, Chiropractic care and Massage Therapy. They have a small second yoga room that they use for workshops and trainings too.

The large, spacious, lit yoga room felt like practicing in the atrium of a beautiful hotel. The many plants that adorned the studio made for a truly "vacation-like" experience.

When I arrived, so were several others, which was a nice change up from the many other studios I'd visited where folks were running in at the last minute. Maybe because it is such a beautiful studio, people were coming in, setting up, and either meditating or relaxing. The Crystal Bowls were already set up in a circle at the front of the room, and to the left of where the teacher would be, were three sets of cards: Goddess, Oracle and Angel. Some people were picking cards to use for meditation/contemplation, so after a few minutes, I did as well. Here are the cards I got. I welcome any thoughts on an intuitive reading!

We began our class with an option to lie on our back or stay in a seated position, as our teacher discussed vibration, sound, and the healing aspects of each. Then she began singing the bowls as we lie there taking in the healing vibrational sounds. I have no idea how long it was, but I could have lay there forever!

The rest of the class was nice. A few opening stretches, some easy Sun Salutations with lunge variations, then some balancing postures, a Frog pose, some twists, and other stretches. She wove in thoughts on yoga, life and sound, returning to the theme of the class and reminding us that yoga is a deeper practice than just the postures. At the end of the sequence she brought us to savasana for more bowl vibrations. I have to say, I am feeling FABULOUS!

Just before savasana when we were doing bridge pose and a few other things on the back, I just happened to open my eyes. On the bright yellow wall and just over my head was a grasshopper. I breathed through my initial panic, and immediately wondered what the totem was for a grasshopper. I had no idea. I watched the little bugger crawl up the wall a little at a time until I got up and slid my mat over just enough so if he fell off the wall, it wouldn't be onto my face...because I know I wouldn't have been all yoga-like had that happened! As he worked up the the top of the wall, he suddenly flew off and I watched him fly to the other side of the room until I lost him in the greenery of a plant. When I came home I looked up the meaning:

Grasshopper Totem Symbolism

Again, more than happy to hear any intuitive hits about this and the cards I drew!

So as I made my way out of the Medford Yoga Studio and checked out the little shop, and took a printed schedule, I checked in again to see just how amazing I was feeling. Is it the memory foam mattress? The Yoga? The Bowls? Or are my stars just all aligned nicely today? Maybe it's a little bit of it all, but who cares why? Just feeling immensely blessed...and a little hungry.
Namaste.

Comments