Pt 4. My Septoplasty Operation: 1 Month After

Well, it has been one month since my operation and I am doing really well. I am very glad that I took the plunge and had it done. Overall my breathing has changed and increased dramatically through my left nostril (sometimes I feel sorry for the right one, it had it good for so long).

Each day is still a slightly new experience for me. I never know if I am going to wake up with a drippy nose or not. Some days my nose feels like it is dripping all day long, but when I blow it there is nothing there. This new sensation is all a part of the healing process. I should be using more saline nasal spray in my nose, but most days I just forget to do it. For this reason, the left nostril is a little dry at times, but still overall so much better than before so I cannot complain.

When I first had the operation, the new influx of oxygen literally left me with a feeling of being "high." I had so much extra energy and felt amazing. I still have more energy than I did before the operation - for real. I wake up earlier than usual (for me) most days and, funny enough, seem to want to go to bed earlier too. This new shift in energy for me reminded me of the nadi channels and the connection to the nostrils.

There are energy channels in the body. The yogic system calls them the "nadis" and of all the nadi channels (72,000 is the most consistent number listed in any yogic text, although others list many more or even "countless" numbers of nadis), they are two of the three most primary. The other one is "Sushumna nadi," which is the central channel that runs through the middle of the body and where the infamous "Chakras" line up within. Ida & pingula, depending on which text you read, run on either side of the body terminating int he nostrils, or start one each side of the body, criss-cross like a helix at each chakra center, terminating back on the same side of the body. 
oldest picture of the "Nadis"
The theory of the energy of each nadi is that Ida, being on the left side, is that of cooling, lunar, feminine energy that is nurturing and said to control the mental processes. Pingula, therefore, is the right side, masculine, solar and said to control the somatic (body) processes of the body. 

So taking this home, my left nostril was mostly blocked and the right side of my nostril was taking in most of the air - or in yogic terms "Prana," lovingly known as life force energy. Now, let me tell you that prior to my surgery when dealing with the imbalance each day that I found most of my energy at night and always slept in later than most people (teenagers not included). I definitely considered myself more of a lunar-type personality. Now that I've had the surgery, my energy patterns have shifted and balanced with more solar energy. 

Interesting. What does it mean? Well, it means my pranic energy intake was imbalanced and now I am feeling more balanced. That's about it. My husband says I'm 46 and I'm getting old and going to bed earlier, that's what it is. But, as a yogi I know and understand that there is a greater significance to it. Either way, I am glad that I did the surgery and am hoping that this blog is still helping others determine that they may also need a similar one. 

So thank you for listening, caring, and sending all of your healing energy my way.
Namaste.
The End.


Comments

  1. Awesome..I have the some problem with the right nostril and I am going for a surgery this friday. wish me all the best ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment