April's Theme: REBIRTH

"Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Just a few weeks ago, while sitting in Bali, Indonesia, working on our next yoga retreat with One Bliss, I came upon a reminder that it had been one year since my Grandmother had gone into a nursing home. As most of you know, my Grandmother left her body August 2nd of 2015, so her term at the nursing home was a short, albeit emotional one. And now we approach what most of us refer to as "Tax Day," April 15th, which would have been my Grandmother's next birthday (coincidentally she shared this birthday with my husband), I am again reminder of her. But, truth is that I think of my Grandmother often, and what I learned from her. And as the buds and rebirthing of the Spring pops all around us, I wonder where her Spirit will choose to manifest next. With every passing butterfly, cardinal; or, as in Bali; the dragonflies, I look for recognition of her spirit coming to say hello and let me know that she is still "around." 

With the cycles of life - death - rebirth, I am reminded that we all have this capability of rebirthing our own spirits every Spring. It is not just a time to clean out the clutter of the closets, but also a time to clear out old, negative thought patterns and behaviors. It is a time to make the positive changes that you may want to make for your life and for the "greater good." 

I truly believe that we are all in a transitionary phase of our existence here on earth. Maybe you feel it too. I know that many of my students have been doing some "rebirthing" of their own and I want to continue to foster a place where you can continue to grow, release what does not serve your spirit, and grow into your next phase. OYC will continue to host gatherings, trainings and other events throughout the year to help facilitate this idea of rebirthing. And if you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to email me or let's plan to sit and chat about what you've got cooking! Hey, maybe you're on to something that can help others in the community too...

In Love & Light

OYC Founder, Tracey L. Ulshafer 

Closing Comments...

Life is a cycle: life, death, rebirth. The earth moves through this cycle every year. So fear not, because you too will cycle through many rebirths in your own lifetime. Trust and just breathe and be in the flow with the Universe. This is when you will truly find peace and happiness.

Comments