May's Theme: REJOICE!

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice becaus thorn bushes have roses."

What's the old saying, "Another year older, another year wiser?" Well, I've certainly gained a bunch of wisdom this year. Yes, it is my birthday month - a month I celebrate with many family members and friends too. So "Happy Birthday, Everyone!!!" 

So, in human years I will be 48 this month... and according to an online calculator, in dog years I'm 205. I like that. But I've never put much stock into age because I truly feel it is only a number and does not reflect anything about your health or well being or even how long you may live. The fact is that we can die at any moment and we never know when our moment is up. So I chose to live in the moment and enjoy life to the fullest as much as I can. Pesky things like making a living and other people's circumstances like to get in the way of this energy, but I like to think that I try the best that I can. Of course, like anything else, it is a work in progress.

As I pause for a moment and reflect back on my 48 years in this world I can honestly say that it was about 50% good times and 50% struggles. We all have our own challenges, so comparing them is irrelevant. And no doubt I have caused most of my own issues from either negative thinking, judgements, or other hindering energy that seems to always be lurking around the corner just as soon as I am feeling pretty good. But I welcome this because I believe in karma. And I believe that I brought a lot of this in with me from my past lives. If I truly want to work it out without coming back - again and again and again to - then I have to get to the root of it so that I can work to heal it. Stevie Wonder says, "Life has meaning only in the struggle. Triumph or defeat is in the hands of the Gods. So let us celebrate the struggle!" Well, Amen!

In Love, Service & Wisdom.
Tracey L. Ulshafer,
Founder/Director, One Yoga Center 

* * * * * * *

May's theme is "Rejoice!" When I think about the meaning of this word I realize that it is all in the way that I think. I can take any part of any moment and criticize it or rejoice in it. It really is up to me. 

In many our yoga classes we often talk about creating intentions through positive affirmations. It's the same thing, really. We must learn to wrap our minds around what it is that we want to bring into manifestation - or bring into light. And then once we put the positive spin on it, we must concentrate on it and give it energy because snapping our fingers isn't going to make it happen for us. 

If I want to be happy, I need to think happy thoughts. If I want great joy in my life, then I must be joyful. it's really that simple. Consider the following situation: You are not happy with your current relationship. It used to be good, but something has shifted or changed. Now you complain to your friends about what is wrong, you argue with your partner relentlessly, and keep focusing on what is not working in the relationship. So, what's the problem here? Yes, there are two people involved. But the real problem is YOU. You have become obsessed with all the things you don't want and are bringing more of them in by focusing on them. Of course in this situation you need to have an ongoing and open dialogue with your partner, but the first thing that you need to do is own up to your part in it and change the way you think. Instead of focusing on what is wrong, focus on what you love about the person - OR - what you truly want a loving relationship to look like. Put all of your energy here and watch and see how things change. Ah, one more thing: Be open for HOW they may change. It may not be in the way that you were originally thinking it SHOULD. And that is because the Universe thinks way bigger than we do. Oh, and she also has a good sense of humor!

So let's all Rejoice! this month and focus on love and light and all that is right and good in the world. And maybe we can positively affect some others who desperately need it right now too.

In Love & Light
OYC Founder, Tracey L. Ulshafer & your OYC Teaching Staff

* * * * * * *

Closing Comments...

Happiness lies within us - not from focusing on anything outside of us. When we make the decision to be happy and focus on it, we become happy. And when we are happy, we can truly rejoice in every moment!

Comments