June's Theme: AWAKEN

When I pulled the "Awaken" card for this month's theme I thought, "Of course!" This is a process that I have been moving through rapidly this past year, as I listen more to my higher self and less to my ego. And man, it is not always that easy!

When I first started teaching yoga I came across a quote from Thomas Paine, "The mind, one enlightened, cannot again become dark." And this explains exactly the nature of why ignorance can present as bliss. But the truth of the matter is that true bliss comes from enlightenment. And that means, we all have a lot of work to do! And thus: Awaken! becomes the mantra of the month.

I wouldn't expect it to happen overnight, however. I would just start being more open to the fact that you don't know it all. Or, as another great man once said, "The only true wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." Socrates said that but, I learned it from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, like most people who grew up on 80's movies.

And that brings me to my last point: Have Fun. It is easy to get overwhelmed when on the process of Awakening. But that goes against Universal laws...like your right to party. I learned that from the Beastie Boys...or was that Abraham Lincoln? Oh well, I'm getting old and I am trying to Awaken here! Peace out.

In Love, Service & Wisdom.
Tracey L. Ulshafer,
Founder/Director, One Yoga Center 

* * * * * * *

What does it mean to "Awaken?" Well it's pretty simple, actually: it means to rouse or activate. In basic terms, think of every night when you fall asleep. At some point you wake-up and are suddenly aware that there is life in you and happening all around you. On a deeper level, it means to activate the higher levels of consciousness available to you. 

Yes, some of us are walking around in a fog of duality, completely unaware that there is a deeper, more resonate vibration in which to feel and become one with. Through this vibration we can tap into our unlimited potential and move into the new reality, which transcends time, space, ego and duality. 

Now if that seems just way too "new agey" and "out there" for you, then think of this: the Universe and all that is with in, including you, are One. One Consciousness vibrating (OM) together in light and for positive good. Yes, the Universe wants you to be happy and fruitful and vibrant. Yet we can sometimes get weighed down by the ego and stuck in our ruts. When life stops moving forward in a positive direction, then you are in this rut. And nobody wants to live in that rut! So, this month we challenge you to AWAKEN! 

Release all the negativity that does not serve your spirit. Reduce time spent with negative vibrations (including people, places and things). Replace fear with love. Pause before you react to anything. And always ask, "Am I coming from a place of love?" Awaken to the unlimited potential within and without.

In Love & Light.
OYC Founder, Tracey L. Ulshafer & your OYC Teaching Staff

* * * * * * *

Closing Comments...

To Awaken there has to be a willingness to let go...
to let go of who you are, who you were, who they tell you that you are, and who you think you are...
To Awaken you need to be willing to become who you were truly meant to be.

Comments