July Theme: FREEDOM

"Yoga allows you to find a new kind of freedom that you may not have known even existed." 
- B.K.S. Iyengar
Freedom to me is having the ability to wake up late, drink a hot cup of chai in my meditation garden as my dogs meander about licking the dew off the grass, and make my own choices on how my day is going to unfold...knowing the sometimes, the Universe will have its own set of plans for my day.

While my schedule is jam packed with work related activities, I am blessed in the job that I have and the ability to create the hours that I am willing to spend doing it. This past month I was plagued with great fatigue that I just couldn't shake. I began taking supplements, started eating more veggies and getting more sleep. But I just couldn't shake it. Something was "off." I finally came to the realization that some of the commitments to my time that I have made, were not in my best interest. And this forced me to look at my schedule and make some changes. After that and performing some energy clearings, I am back to feeling more vital and charged...and energetically more free.

Finding that balance is often challenging and I usually find myself overdoing it - that's what freedom allows me to do - too much! So I have started to embrace not filling up my time as much and enjoying the free moments that I have. Maybe this month you can do the same and create more freedom and space for yourself to just be.

In Love, Service & Wisdom.
Tracey L. Ulshafer,
Founder/Director, One Yoga Center

* * * * * * *

July 4th may have become synonymous with BBQ's, trips to the shore and having a day off of work, but like most "holidays" there is a deeper and richer meaning behind the day. 

I think that we all know that July 4th is our Independence Day. This date in 1776 the first continental congress adopted the Decoration of Independence and our country has been celebrating that day and our independence over England ever since. But this month we want to dig a little bit deeper into the true essence of the word "Freedom." 

What does it mean to truly be free? Are you really free? How could you create more freedom in your life? More freedom in your body? More freedom in your mind? More freedom to truly express who you are and what you are born to be? Have you created your own limitations to this freedom? The questions can go on and on.

In your yoga practices this month, consider where you can find more freedom - how you can become more light. And we will be here to guide you through the experience.

In Love & Light.
OYC Founder, Tracey L. Ulshafer & your OYC Teaching Staff

* * * * * * *

Closing Comments...

Have you become a slave to your job? Your family? Your world? Have you created your own prison that limits your ability to truly be free? 

In the immortal words of Tyler Durden (Fight Club), "The things you own end up owning you."

Or for you more determined yogis out there, "Those whose consciousness is unified abandon all attachment to the result of action and attain supreme peace. But those whose desires are fragmented, who are selfishly attached to the result of their work, are bound in everything they do." - Bhagavad Gita.

Comments