Thinking of You...

I have been teaching yoga for a long time. So many students have come into my classes over the years and I still remember most of the ones who started with me so many years ago. Several still attend my classes even after all of these years, and have grown with me as a teacher. I always enjoy meeting new students and making new friends at the studio, but I do always think about some of the old faces that I never see anymore.

About five or six year ago one of my students, who is a therapist, made the comment to me that it must be sad once people go through my training and having spent so much time with them, then to have them move or get busy and not see them anymore. Prior to that conversation, I didn't really think about it. But she put the thought in my head and now I always think about it. And I find myself missing many of the folks that used to grace my classes...and yes, sometimes feeling sad.

From the early days at Aquarian Dance, I have faces that I miss. Some who's names I recall, and others that I do not. From my first "unofficial" yoga studio, first in the attic of Full Circle Family Massage, then in their basement, I have so many people who I do, really think of quite often. Then moving up to the space above City Streets Cafe where I met some of the most amazing folks and really became a yoga teacher - for real and not for play. I miss those easygoing days and the fun we had after Power Yoga going to Dairy Queen! Even the old home under East Windsor Flooring where we spent ten years holds some amazing memories of friends and students for me. All of the places I worked on-site over the years in corporate or township places, I just continued to meet some very special people. And I do think of many of them often. Some I even get to bump into when I am running errands around East Windsor. And others I can catch up with on Facebook. Yet there are so many that I just have no idea where they went.

Sometimes people move away and tell me. Other times they do not and I just have to assume that many of the folks have done just that. Others may have stopped doing yoga due to "life" - which is a shame. Each time I run into someone who says, "Oh, I have been wanting to come back to yoga," I feel so badly for both of us! Why is it that when we really need and want something that will be helpful, good for us, and supportive, that we just don't make the time?

I realize finances have cause issues for some folks. And this is why I implemented the Community Hatha classes at the studio. I see some friendly names on the sign-in sheets, but don't get to see them myself. Then there is my always changing and forever crazy schedule. I used to teach a lot of evening classes. Now I teach a lot of morning classes. I know I am missing so many people because my schedule has changed. And I realize that some are not coming in because I am not there, and that others are, but, again, I am just not seeing them.

Bottom line is: I AM thinking about you. I AM. I truly am.

When a former student's face pops into my head, I know that I am sure to run into them somehow. Of course my favorite times are when those old familiar faces drop into a class. My response is usually the same: "Hey, Stranger!" And then hugs ensue.

Well, I just wanted to say, that I think about you...and I miss you...and I hope that you are doing great.

For:
Amy, Leonid, Shirley, Lori, Laurie, Alison, Irene, Peggie, Andrea, Karen, Lynn, Janet, Susan. Sandy, Helen, Brenda, Colleen, Kathy, Barbara, Jodi, Marlene, Sandra, Jessica, Sarah, Rachel, Kasey, Carolyn, Diane, Michelle, Michele, Gina, Mary Beth, Denise, Pam, Jeanette, Jennifer, Geri, Tom, Carey, Lettie, Virginia, Kelly, Wendy, Gayle, Joyce, Natalie, Peter, Cindy, Penny, Phyllis, Donna, Jeff, Cheryl, Arlene, Amrita, Pat, Paul, Cookie, Greg, David, Geeta, Christine, Francine, Alice, Jackie, Melissa, Stephanie, Valerie, Ben, Shirley, Kathy, Elizabeth, Kathi, Lois, Beth, Debbie, Giselle, Richard, Connie, Jyothi, Julie, Rose, Marianne, Gina, Charlene, Anne, Kim, Dee, Marie, Dana, Janice, Catherine, Victoria, Senayit, Fathima, Seema, Hemang, Shanti, Anna, Dixie, Lisa, Eileen, Joann, Judy, Rina, Claire, Carrie, Ryah, AnnMarie, Mona, Nora, Jeanette, Linda, Suzi, Vincent, Kelly, Megan, Shain, Nicole, Trish, Chris, Laura, Jen, Stephanie, Melinda, Sharon, Audrey, Ellen, Sue, Kiran, Nick, Jill, Lorraine, Leigh, Cathy, Rebecca, Margaret, Gayathri, Lindsay, Angela, Annie, Felicia, Ursula, Patricia, Isobel, Maxine, Melissa, Marica, Rita, Carol, Leslie, Oxana, Sharlene, Viktoria, Vivian, Heidi, Grace, Yaffa, Issa, Betty, Lisa, Aubrey, Francine, Rosemary, Olga, Emily, Paulette, Felicia, Kristin, Erica, Christopher, Kate, and so, so, many more. Blessings to you all.
Love, Tracey

Comments