June's Theme: DREAM!

According to the father of yoga, Patanjali, swapna or dream is a level of consciousness. Famous psychologist Sigmund Freud said that "the day's residue is transformed by dream work into a dream and made innocuous by sleep." Some people do not remember their dreams, others claim they do not dream. And then there are those who dream in full feature film - with musical underscore, dramatic tensions, chase scenes and more. 

For those that dream frequently and can remember their dreams (even if just upon awakening), you can try keeping a dream journal by your bed. Before stirring to much, write down your dream while it is fresh. If you notice a pattern emerging, then your dreams may hold a deeper picture for you coming from your unconscious mind. For those who do not remember dreams but want to, you can try setting an intention to remember your dreams before bed, and meditate on that intention just before retiring for the evening.

And then there is daydreaming - the type of dream where you find yourself, mid-day, caught in a fantasy world. Sometimes daydreams are reality based - dreaming of a life you want to live - while others it is complete fantasy. Either way, who is to say that what you are dreaming about cannot happen?

If you find that you are spending time (in a sleep state or awake) dreaming about the same thing, perhaps it is time to make it your reality. Perhaps what you are dreaming about is not as far out of reach as you think it is? In fact, perhaps it is right there literally waiting for you to wake up!

Children dream of many things. As adults, unfortunately, for some reason many people have gotten to a place where they may feel that dreams are a waste of time. What if we focus on our dreams for the month of June? What if we keep a log of them and at the end of the month see if there is a reoccurring theme that just might have a place in your reality? Let's not ignore the energies of these higher levels of vibration. Dreams speak to us if we only can take the time to listen.

In Love & Light,
OYC Founder, Tracey L. Ulshafer & your OYC Teaching Staff

* * * * * * * * * * *

Most of my childhood can be summed up as a daydream. No matter where I was or who I was with, I was able to dream a little dream and create a slice of heaven on earth. Today I have to admit, I still do it. As most of you know, I drive an hour to work. Instead of listening to music, I often drive without the radio on. Every day, by the time I have gotten to work, I have created a lovely little daydream, and then I set about creating the positive aspects into my reality.

The fact remains that there just aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish everything that I would like to. And since I am trying to honor not being as busy as I have been in the past, I am finding that I get less done than I used to. But this is okay for me. I am also realizing that not everything has to be done in the moment that my mind creates it and that some times the best things come with time and patience. 

My step-daughter just graduated from college and every graduation card that I read stated a similar message of never letting go of the graduate's dreams. I felt a little sad as I thought about what that was basically saying - that as adults we tend to abandon our dreams? You know, life is not over...until its over! We still have plenty of time to carry through with our dreams. I feel it is important to get to it, however, before it is too late. And that is something that I've personally gotten back to recently. 

There were two themes for young Tracey. If you asked me what I wanted to be I would say, "a magician" or "a writer." The writing came a little later on, but my littlest self believed in magic. I still do. I still believe we all have the capacity to create magic. I work with these energies every day and it is a constant part of my life that I have never given up on. I'm not saying that I am always able to achieve in manifesting magical energy, but every now and then, I do amaze myself! And as for writing, I have already shared that I am getting back to that too. In fact, I am currently in the middle of writing three different books! Yes, keeping the dream alive!

What did the little you want to be? What did you believe in? What did you dream about? Is it time to get back to living it? ...If not now, when?

In Love & Light.
Tracey L. Ulshafer,
Founder/Director, One Yoga Center 

Comments