Remember Kimberly Grasso, former Student and Trainee

Kimberly Grasso, graduate of 2013 Teacher Training

Dear ONE Yoga Community,

I was just informed about the passing of a former student and teacher trainee yesterday. I cannot shake the news of Kimberly passing. This once beautiful, incredible soul is no longer with us.

As a teacher and mentor, I have met hundreds of people over the years. Most I remember by name or face and some I simply cannot, while others make a memorable impression that lingers with you. Kim was one of those lingering impressions. Beautiful and vulnerable, Kim showed up at the studio, not unlike most students, looking for something. I know that through yoga she had found some positive energy and peace. Her change was noticeable throughout the 200 and 100 hour advanced training modules that she took with me at OYC.

Upon graduating, I worked with her on some special class offerings at the studio as well as gave her a massage job at an on-site location. She was always open and appreciative. I knew her to be genuinely talented in her skills as a teacher and massage therapist, most likely because she was quite sensitive to energy. I could see her potential and had hoped that she would continue with her practices.

And then, like so many students, she stopped coming in to classes. Although connected on social media, I did not see her for many years and she rarely posted. Always a more reserved young woman, there was no way of truly knowing what was happening in her life. She reached out to me about a year ago regarding an assistant position that I had posted on Facebook. We spoke briefly but she never followed up. Now less than a year later I find that her soul has moved on to the next plane.

I cannot help but feel great sadness for the loss of this beautiful spirit. I realize that not many students may remember her, but some will. And I wanted to hold some space for her, a former student and trainee of ONE YOGA and WELLNESS CENTER.

Kimberly, we will always remember your TRUE SELF, your Spirit and your Light. And, I truly hope that you have found peace.
Kimberly with Kali 2013
Kimberly at Far Right during Training Retreat























* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comments