April Newsletter 2021 - Leap of Faith

Dear friends of One Yoga Center,

 

Here we find ourselves again, in our rapidly changing world, moving into another month. Welcome to April - the long-awaited emergence of warm weather and outdoor activities!

 

April is named after Aprillis, or Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of beauty and love. And the birthstone of April is the Diamond, love's symbol of strength and perseverance. It seems only fitting that this year, we break out of our proverbial cocoons and emerge into the beautiful world of Springtime with the essence of love and faith.

 

But, of course, April begins on the 1st with April Fool's Day. Kind of an odd "holiday," April Fool's Day has always reminded me of the Tarot card "The Fool." If you are not familiar with it, there is typically a beggar or vagabond, gazing upward towards the sky, with his heart wide-open, as he is about to step off a cliff. Now, we have no idea how deep the cavern goes, but we make the assumption, "hey, dude, watch out!" The reality could be it is a minor ditch. But either way, The Fool is unaffected by it. He has love and trust in his heart, and he has faith that the Universe has his back. Now if I am to follow the rabbit hole further, The Fool's leap of faith also reminds me of another guy, the Hindu monkey-god, Hanuman, who also celebrates his birthday in April. He took an enormous leap from India to Shri Lanka to save Sita from a demon. We celebrate this leap in Hanumanasana, the posture of the full split - hey, those in The Vault, our online classroom, should check out the Hanuman classes to work with that energy! ...but I digress...

 

Hanuman, you see, is another avatar of love and faith. Beloved to many around the world, he inspires us to believe in the dynamic thought that love transcends all.

 

Leap of Faith

 

Try allowing the leap of faith to lead you into this new month. 

Perhaps you are ready to make your way out into the world again. Maybe you are feeling the energy of spring support you. Or, love may be guiding you to live life fully and unapologetically. Of course, however you desire to work with the energy of "Leap of Faith," is fine. I invite you to initiate something new and full of hopeful energy as you emerge into spring with love in your heart.

 

Go Outside - Breathe the Fresh Air!

 

I find myself deeply interested in offering outdoor classes so that we can find ways to gather again in community, yet struggling with finding places to hold them. There are several things in the works, so please stay in touch and reach out if you are interested in attending an outdoor yoga, meditation or other event. In the meantime, if you have a patio, deck or lovely outdoor area at your home, try to find a way to move your home practice there. Usually the wifi will work outside, and I welcome you to be in nature breathing the fresh air when you login to our zoom online classroom. Of course for those using pre-recorded classes through The Vault, you can certainly pop anywhere that supports internet to enjoy your own practice. 

 

It's easy to see why April is filled with positive energy and light.

I'm feeling it - and I'm hoping that you do too.

 

 In Love, Service and Wisdom,

Tracey


Rev. Dr. Tracey L. Ulshafer

~ April's Message ~

I know I sound like a broken record, but you hear me say that Everything is Energy, and that energy is always shifting and changing. For the past 20 years I have dedicated my life to teaching yoga to the greater East Windsor area community and I will continue to do so. 

 

I am a month away from my 53rd birthday. Still a youngster at heart, I've embraced the crone wisdom years and am honoring my body's changes. I created "The Vault" to honor continued classes to support our community because I feel the need to slow down. I haven't figured it all out yet! But, I do feel like in the next several months will reveal the way. I know that the Universe guides me and moves me into the correct positions whenever I need a nudge, and the urging is present. 

 

I also feel called to expand my ministries, which is strongly influenced by my yoga teachings, but also offering assistance to those looking to improve energy - be it in the body, the home, work, or any facet of your environment where energy needs to move and flow again. I also hope to resume retreats soon, and am currently taking appointments for various ceremonies: weddings, baptisms, house clearings and blessings, etc.

 

Please reach out to me to book private shopping or energy alchemy appointments by emailing Info@OneYogaCenter.ner or calling 609-918-0963. 

 

In love, service and wisdom,

Dr. T

Comments