September's Theme: FRIENDSHIP!


Indigo Angels: FRIENDSHIP for Sept. 2017
It's a new school year and soon children of all ages will be making new friendships or reconnecting with old ones. Some of us may have spent time this summer in connection to friendships, having spent time on vacations or enjoying BBQ's and special events such as graduations, birthdays and weddings with friends. "Friendship" is our theme for this month, and isn't it so fitting? Just like usual, this card turned over in the deck and presented itself for our community at One Yoga Center, which has certainly grown to provide many ongoing friendships throughout the years. It is wonderful to watch people connect through the studio and form bonds of friendship outside of our sacred walls and into the world. Community and Friendship is absolutely a basic energetic component of our studio.

Here is what Doreen Virtue says about this card: 

"FRIENDSHIP: This card is showing you how much the energy of other people is affecting you. Or it could be guiding you to open yourself up and allow others in. Friendship is a regular exchange of energy and emotion...Take some time to consider how the energy of friendship (or lack thereof) is influencing your thoughts and your opinions about yourself. It's important that you maintain an awareness of how each person in your life makes you feel inside."
For the month of September, sit with the idea of Freedom (or lack thereof). Is there a friend you have been meaning to call or see, but haven't had the time? Are you feeling a little more loner these days and realize it is time to show back up and reconnect with friends? Is there a friend in your life who's energy you are not connecting with anymore and you need a distance from them (in love, of course)? Take time to explore the many aspects of Friendship this month, and choose to surround yourself with those who light you up inside and with whom you feel a strong connection with. This will go a long way in affecting your energy in a positive way.

Join us in community on Saturday, September 16 for an Open House event featuring LuLaRue clothing. Our regular classes will be held that day for a $10 drop-in rate. LuLaRoe will start to arrive for a 1 pm shopping extravaganza! Tracey will be on hand to concoct some summer spirits and hanging out for anyone who wants to drop by and say hello, shop inside or outside (yes, we have some new things in our inside shop too), or discuss the upcoming yoga retreats, yoga teacher trainings, or yoga classes. September is all about renewing and firming up the bonds of friendship! This is just another step in getting your energy and your life to flow in a positive direction.  

In Love, Service & Wisdom, OYC Founder, Teachers & Staff

* * * * * * * * * * *

Special Message from Tracey for September

YES, friendship! I love it! I love, love, love it! You know, all throughout school and my adult life I was the one who kept in touch with friends and kept everyone together. Sometimes I would feel a little upset that I was the only one doing the work to keep in touch with someone, but then they would tell me how much it meant to them that I did, and I would get over my "stuff" and be me - the universal networker. I've since slacked a bit on my friendship duties, but thank goddess for Facebook, because it truly keeps me connecting with so many friends that I do not get to see on a normal basis. 

Since I started teaching yoga 17 years ago and conducting my own classes through what we now know as One Yoga Center, I have watched numerous people come together in the bonds of friendship through our walls. It is probably something I enjoy watching even more than people practicing asanas together. I feel such love and happiness when I see another friendship blossom at the studio and when a particular student is absent for a week or so how we all worry and make sure that he/she is okay! 

Friendship is something that is deeply meaningful to me, and probably one reason why I sometimes stay too connected to people long after I should. I know that concept seems strange, but please allow me to explain. Energy changes. I believe we are all put together at specific times for a reason. We all have lessons to learn and our friends - even more so than our family because they often know even more about us - are there to shine a light on aspects of our life that we are sometimes unaware of or be there for us during particularly challenging times to help us through. Friends are the cornerstones of a successful movement through times of difficulty as well as a complete enjoyment of happy times. But that does not mean that we are meant to always keep that same closeness to them. Sometimes energy shifts and you move in another direction for a while. You may reconnect with those friends at a later time, remain in touch at a distance, or move away completely. And moving away completely doesn't diminish the time that you spent together or the love that you will always feel for them. It just means that maybe you are different people and need to honor that.

I've had two of my closest friends pass away: One in 2008 and the other in 2011. Both were heartbreaking because they happened suddenly and unexpectedly. I grieved for a long time for the loss of my friends and I still miss them to this day. But what I learned from this is that everything is impermanent, and that includes the life of those closest to us. Energy changed. I used to take it personal when someone did not keep in touch with me. Now I understand that it's all good and part of a larger, divine plan. And I trust that.

I still keep in touch with friends from grade school. I don't see them so much, but when I do we pick back up where we left off as if no time had passed. When I traveled to Easter Island I asked my good friend Suzy, who I've known since high school, to come with me and we had the time of our life. Friends come in all kinds of packages too - like my little dogs Bodhi and Kali who I tell every day are some of my best friends. When we graduated third grade our teacher, who had just finished her very first school class with us, introduced us to Elton John's song, Friends, and we sang it together on our last day of school. I will always remember these things that I shared with friends.

I could go on and on and on because friends have always been such a big part of my life. I'm psyched to be sharing Friendship with you for September! And I would LOVE to hear about your favorite friendship moments too. Send me a short friendship story (with or without a picture) and if I receive enough of them, I will share them with you all at the end of the month.

In Love & Friendship,
Tracey L. Ulshafer, 
Founder of One Yoga Center (OYC), 
E-RYT500, RYS, CMT-Licensed in NJ, Energy Worker, Spiritual Teacher

CONTACT TRACEY AT:
Email: Info@OneYogaCenter.net

Comments