March Newsletter 2021 - Crysalis

Dear Yogi/Yogini Friends of One Yoga,

 

We have moved into March and the light is increasing. With the Spring Equinox, Ostera, looming around the 20th, we foresee the warmer weather and increased sunlight on the horizon, and I think we can all appreciate that.

 

Balance

 

Spring Equinox symbolizes the balance of light and dark as it is the midway point between Solstices when the sun hangs in the sky just as long in the daytime as it recedes during the nighttime. March is often equated to the energy of balance, something I teach in my yoga trainings and strive to work for in my own life. But balance can be just as elusive as anything else that we are seeking - if not even more-so. For how do we understand that what balance is without understanding what being out of balance is?

 

My two weeks in Florida in February, finding a home for my mother and seeing her transition to retirement there, turned into three weeks...and I can't say that that was a bad thing. When I am home I tend to work - a lot. And while I worked remotely from Florida, I also saw almost daily sunsets on the beach, enjoyed getting up and taking my time with morning rituals and watching the beautiful lake and its life with my chai tea. After a week I was off dairy and started to feel my body shifting from the chronic inflammation and abdominal distention with weight gain to a leaner and more healthy me. The real test for me now is to keep this energy going now that I am back home...definitely not an easy task, but creating balance in one's life never is.

 

Spring Cleaning

 

March is a perfect time for spring cleanses - physically, mentally and spiritually. Take a mindful walk through your life to see where you need to create more balance. Have you honored your creative side? Have you tended to family and other relationships in the best way that you could? Are you working smarter not harder? How about your home - does it support you and make you feel nurtured? Or is there somewhere in the house that you need to shift energy? And work, what about that? Does it support you yet still give you time for other things? And, hey, what are those other things that you have been meaning to do...when life returns to normal? It's really time to figure out how to get to them.

 

Chrysalis

 

This year is a new type of balancing energy. Not only do we need to figure out how to create balance, but we now have to find new ways of doing things to have that balance. It sure is interesting. One thing that has changed and is not going away is digital technology. The advances that we are making in online, virtual, and with augmented reality are astonishing. The convenience and advancement in technologies are allowing us to; guess what; work smarter and have more time for those other things that we tend to push off for another day. If we can just embrace this transition period, I do believe that we will all find ourselves enjoying life a lot more in the near future. Not everything will be done through technology, but the things that are, will leave us with more time for the stuff we need and want to do in person.

 

The word chrysalis has been coming up a lot. That's where we are - in the transitionary phase from caterpillar to butterfly, when magical things are happening that cannot be seen with the naked eye. We need to trust the process, and embrace the fact that we will not be the same as we were before, but something even more incredible and beautiful.

 

The Vault

 

In this light, I had a spark of inspiration to offer a virtual classroom to our community that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from wherever you are. The Vault will be opening soon. In The Vault will be tens to hundreds of hours of precious gems from One Yoga Center. I have personally recorded over 35 classes that I am editing and uploading and am committed to offering at least three new classes each month for The Vault. Classes will include our signature styles: Gentle Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, and Chair Yoga. I will also include discussions on various yoga topics and monthly energy updates and chats. This monthly subscription will be available on the one yoga website very soon. And although I will not be teaching you live there, you will still get the same spiritually themed yoga classes with emphasis on alignment and modifications that you have come to know and love from us. I am also earnestly trying to scheduling several of our past and present teachers to record so that you don't have to just practice with me. The Vault will be a well-rounded, eclectic offering of classes for those who cannot always practice live. 

 

I have to admit, the idea of offering this scared me a little bit. Not only has it been an incredible amount of work on the back end, but there were many other variables to think of...and change is usually always difficult. Once I really understood the impact that this could have on our community, I was all in. Some people are asking me when the studio will be open for in person classes. I don't have an answer to that, honestly. I was about to say that I do not have a crystal ball...but I do! I do have a crystal ball! In fact, I have several crystal balls - haha! My point is that I am responding to our ever-changing world in the best way that I can. Our live-streamed classes will continue. The schedule is always listed on our website. And now there is another option with The Vault.

 

I invite you to join me in our chrysalis and embrace the new us that we are witnessing being creating during this ascension phase. And for March, let's take a peek into our world and determine where we need to find more balance while things continue to transform.

 

In love, service and wisdom

Rev. Dr. T

Comments