Curtain Call on 200 hour YTT with OYC

Changes is the nature of energy. Nothing stays the same, and although change can be difficult, ultimately things are restructuring for our Highest Good. Self included...

If I am being honest, my heart hasn't been in the 200 hour yoga teacher training module for several years now. I cannot put my finger on why it all changed for me, but I do know that my patience thinned, my interest decreased, and the number of participants in the courses reflected this energy as well. And while I am grateful and thankful to have taught the smaller classes that I have the past five years, I also realized that I was forcing myself to do something that I no longer felt a deep desire to offer anymore. And so, I am announcing the curtain call on the final 200 hour training.

Please do not confuse this with my lack of ability, integrity or willingness to teach the module. I am actually quite excited to teach now that I have made the commitment to make this change. Holding space for anything means that you have less space for something else to come in. When we hold onto things that no longer serve our Highest Self, we focus energy there and then the New & True cannot fully emerge. This has been my case - holding onto the way things used to be with yoga, yoga schools and yoga teachers, when the yoga climate has clearly changed.

With yoga being accessible just about everywhere, and anyone and everyone offering trainings online at very low costs, many people have gone the route of financial discounts over the quality or value of a seasoned teacher. With increased accessibility to free yoga and devalued trainings, it has become quite difficult for many studios to compete. On the other hand, the increased visibility to anyone all over the globe has offered another method for people to train with teachers that they are familiar with. And then the key becomes learning how to market oneself in the sea of other teachers out there self promoting. 

My personal focus over the past five or six years has been in releasing and recalibrating my own energies to that of what we call the "New Reality." Energy has shifted and continues to ask us to weed out untruths on the path to being true and real and finding Oneness. These have been very difficult times for most people and what I am feeling most called to do is help people on a more personal level navigate through these new waters. My healing sessions have increased and are proving to be a valuable tool for those struggling and questioning why they no longer feel the same way about the things that they used to care about, feel things that they never did before, or find themselves just totally lost. The next stage of my career is to work with smaller, more intimate groups and individuals to help them along this path so that we can all emerge as True Ones in our true places, sharing our unique gifts with the world.

Yoga will always be a part of this, as I feel it is a complete practice of self-development, and that the ancient yogis understood energy and transformation and thus gave us a program that will assist us on our path to truth and understanding. Group classes, individual classes, and even pre-recorded classes are all helpful ways for one to clear energy through the practice of yoga, and I will continue to offer this.

I will also continue to offer mentoring and advanced 300 hour yoga teacher trainings so that I can assist yoga teachers in moving to the next stage of his or her own development and be able to hold sacred space for others during this interesting time we are living in. 

I am riding my own wave in this surf, and am working on new and effective ways to be available for others yet find my own time to do my inner work and have personal time. I've spent the past 18 years working mostly weekends because of trainings, and I need to honor that my family, friends, and myself need more of my time. Removing so much time of these trainings will also allow me space for all of that.

So, the bottom line is, if you have been wanting to start a yoga teacher training with me, now is the time. In fact, now is the only time that matters! Yes, you are probably busy. Yes, you probably have others things to spend your money on. Yes, you may not be sure if you are ready. But guess what? That's all excuses our ego and lower self puts on us. The truth is that if you are called to be a teacher and you know that you want to train with me, then this is the right time to do it.

Join me at the yoga training meeting Tuesday July 20, 7:30 pm at One Yoga Center 123 Mercer Street, Hightstown, NJ - in person, preferably, but virtually is also an option. 

What are the dates? Cost? Can this be done virtually?

Let's talk and find out together - we begin Fall 2021.

In love, service and wisdom,
Dr. T




Comments