The Numbers Game


"I am woman, hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore, and I know too much to go back and pretend." - Helen Reddy
 
The Numbers Game 
Numerology is the study and science of numbers. I've always found numbers interesting - often by accident realizing something like the house number of my condo being my birth date years after purchasing it (my birthday is May 24, I purchased a condo many years ago with the #2405). Which brings me to my next point, another year older am I (and you!). So I decided to look into my Numerology and see what this year has in store for me. 

Here's how it works:
You add up the numbers of your birth month, date and year and keep adding them together until you get to a single prime number. My Example: 05-24-1968 = 5 + 6 + 6 = 17 = 1+7 = 8. Get it? This is your personal year cycle. For me, the number 8 represents "Manifestation" or the result of energized thought. There is also a chart that you can make for each year of your life to discover the number for each year based on this starting number. So, for me being born in 1968 with a personal year cycle of 8, as I fill out my chart I find myself this year at age 45 back at an 8 cycle year (even though 45 = 9 representing dispersement, completion and fulfillment). 

I find this information very interesting. I'm still processing the meaning behind it all, but I love the idea of this year being about Manifestation! I figured that many of you may have an equal interest in the representation of numbers, so if you calculate your personal year, here is a very brief meaning of each number:
1 = Action             6 = Balance
2 = Attraction        7 = Rest
3 = Expansion       8 = Manifestation
4 = Formation        9 = Dispersement
5 = Change           0 = Divinity

I'll leave you with one last thought: the year we are in, 2013, calculates to the number 6. This year is all about finding balance - individually and as one. I can't think of a better way to find this than through your yoga practice. See you on the mat...
Namaste. 
Tracey L. Ulshafer, Director/Owner

Comments