If the 3rd Times a Charm, then Why did I go for a 4th? (July 9)

Well, I did. After my great class at Yogawood I headed home. I had a little time to eat and unload my car before attending an evening Restorative class at Pink Lotus in Swedesboro. It took me 3 minutes to arrive there. I had forgotten how close it was to my house! I'd also forgotten how "curt" the people there could be.

It's not that they are rude. They just have that air about them, you know what I mean? Like they are so busy, and so bothered, and so tired. I almost walked out. But I stayed. The class was only one hour, after all, why not.

In the hall I heard a teacher describe to a man that Restorative Yoga is, "when you're on the bolster the whole time relaxing." Okay, I guess that's fair enough, although I'd have said it a little better than that.

There were only 3 of us in class. The teacher walked in and told us to get on our backs and start breathing. She didn't check in, she didn't introduce herself, she didn't give an intro - just on the backs and breathe. Okay, so I did. She led us through a nice breathing practice, then some stretches with the straps for our legs and hips. About half way into class I started to wonder when we were going to get on that bolster that we were supposed to be on for the whole class. But we finally got around to it. And I have to say, she did a couple of really cool asanas that I'd never done before in Restorative, that my students will definitely be seeing in the next one I teach. So, there's that.

We ended class as we began - kind of matter-of-factly. Props were put away, I was confused as to where they went and where they came from. The information was reported to me without a look in my eye. The teacher had left the room twice, in my recollection, which I found to be a little off-putting. But she did come right back in. Maybe she went out for some props. IDK.

It was an "OK" ending to a "REALLY GREAT" day. Nobody seemed to care when I was leaving, just like they didn't seem to care much when I had come in. I've gotten this vibe from Pink Lotus before. It's a shame, it's so close to home and I do learn some very interesting asanas when I attend classes there, but is it worth the attitude or lack of interest on their part?

Well, I don't know if I have the answer for that right now. But here's what I do know based on today:
1. I'm definitely working with Rhonda from Yoga for Living
2. I'm going back to Yogawood to practice with Beth again soon
3. And I'm most certainly shopping in Haddonfield

A long day, blogged out, and quite pooped. Time to pack for tomorrow: visiting Sri Dharma Mitra in NYC where he will most surely kick my asana.

Comments