October 2022 Newsletter: Honoring Death and Transformation

Honoring Death & Transformation

Dear Friends of OYW,

 

Death is a difficult subject for many people. This time of year can be challenging for those who have lost someone close to them and do not like the constant reminder as skeletal Halloween decorations surface throughout the neighborhoods, along with ghosts and ghouls. But the ancestral origins of this time of year are significantly important to understanding and honoring the cyclical patterns of life here on planet earth. For every year we get to explore life, death and rebirth through our seasons and holidays.

 

The Mexican cultures of Mesoamerica (Aztec, Mayan, Toltec, etc.) celebrate the Day of the Dead, preparing colorful sugar skulls that are placed on gravesites with "Ofrendas" of candles, pictures and more. Here the legacy that our departed spirits left us is honored. Instead of grieving their loss, we celebrate them. While the Day of the Dead is honored around Nov 1st, the celebrations at All Hallow's Eve Oct 31st usher in the energies, and certainly we can feel the impending energy all month long.

 

In the Tarot deck, the Death card simply means transformation. Some aspect of your former self is dying out, for it has outworn it's welcome in your life. The vacancy that this energy leaves, allows for new growth to eventually emerge - usually something more welcome in your life.

 

So as you pour yourself a cup of pumpkin spice latte, or enjoy a spicy cider, consider what aspect within you is dying off, and how you can honor and celebrate it, then make peace with the change and transformation to come that will brew through the cold winter months. For we are living in a time of great transformation, globally, and the world needs us at our best and highest potential. There is no more time for being small and living in old-outdated ways. Allow yourself to appreciate the energy of death and transformation for October, so that renewed growth and energy can come into your lifeHello Family of ONE!

 

October Message from Tracey:


October has always been one of my favorite times of year. Sometimes it has always been one of the most challenging times of year too. While I love the seasons of change, I can be as stubborn as many of you about accepting certain changes in my life. One that I am continuing to work out is the yoga classes and offerings. While I understand that virtual classes are not the ideal way that some of you prefer to practice with me, due to travel and other circumstances, I am just not at a place where I can commit to teaching somewhere regularly.

 

However, I spoke to my friend Gina, who purchased Hope Yoga in Jamesburg, and she is accommodating me in her second room to conduct a 7-week series, of which the details are listed above. Hope Yoga is an adorable studio pretty close by, and the opportunity to connect with you there will be a wonderful way to close out another strange year. Even if you cannot make all 7, please consider locking in your spot with me there. I promise that they will be worth it and at this time, I really have no idea what I will be doing fully in 2023, so I do want everyone to finish his/her class passes by the end of the year.

 

*********** ***********

 

Embracing Change...

 

Many years ago, I trusted the Universe when it was time to leave a corporate job with consistent pay and benefits, to open a yoga studio. Once again, the Universe is jabbing me, and the comforts that my work has brought me, including an income, are again being threatened by my listening to this higher wisdom - even though I have no idea where it is taking me.

 

In all honesty, I am in love with and passionate about The Earth Chakras work I am doing. I am called to travel to planetary power places, to feel into the planet, to write and share about the information here, and to understand how we can work, together, to create lasting healing for ourselves and the planet as we align to these networks. Many people talk about Earth Chakras, but not many have been to them and worked with them in person. This feels significant to me and my journey. Now, what I need is revenue to support this passion project. So, I am sounding the call to all community members: if you know anyone in publishing or television production who may be able to assist me with this concept, please reach out to me. Or if you have any ideas how this can manifest for me, I am open to listening over a cup of chai.

 

There! I Said it!!!

And now that it is out there, I know the Universe will work its magic in helping me manifest this work in its full form. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It is done!

 

In the meantime, I am still offering both at my home, and at Hope Yoga by appointment: Thai Bodywork and Quantum Healing sessions and trainings, virtual and private yoga classes, Ministry services, and the transformative Cards of AN Readings.

 

I have a feeling big changes are coming for all of us for October. Be in the flow and allow it to move in. I have always believed that the Universe has our greatest good in mind - personally and collectively. I am in alignment with that and I am holding space for your alignment with that as well.

 

*********** ***********

 

Mom is OK in Ft. Myers

 

Many of you have reached out to see how my Mother is in Florida. I was supposed to travel and spend time with her Sept. 28th, bur Hurricane Ian had other plans for us. Mom is OK, but the devastation to the area is tragic. My beloved Captiva, who's land held a special place of healing for myself and our retreat group, and the surrounding areas where Mom lives are barely recognizable. Her location was probably the least affected of the entire area, even though she was in the direct path of the storm. I kept surrounding her with light and protection as hours passed since we had any validation that she was okay. When I energetically connected to her, I knew she was alright, and that had to be enough until she was able to get us word.

 

This storm is a true example of how our world can change at the blink of an eye, and how important it is to be able to navigate that. You cannot always prepare for things. In this case the evacuated Tampa and the Ft Myers beaches, but not much other areas until it was too late to do so. Many people were "trapped" and as of this writing continue to be so. It was not just the winds, but the waters that came to remind us of their strength. Do not think for a moment that the Earth is weak, for she is strong and she is resilient. She will be here long after we are not, for that I am sure.

 

So take time everyday to evaluate if you are on the right path. Make changes if not. Tell your loved ones that you love them. Forgive and stop holding grudges. Take time to do the things that you need to do. Stop making excuses. Do not be afraid. Life is marching on. And Ian, the storm that won't die, continues to blow and flow. Let his resilience be an example to you to keep flowing, but do it in a much gentler way, and in perfect love.

 

Love and Infinite Blessings,

Tracey

Comments